Saturday, January 03, 2004

1st day of school gone. Orientation was so boring that I'm looking forward to that slow dance we are going to learn on Monday. The principal was like saying that we should make our three months here the best, since she knew most of us didn't put SRJC as our first choice. I mean, duh. Who would want to go to Serangoon huh? It's my 5th choice for goodness sake! I so can't wait for the first three months to be over.

Boring principal talk, boring discipline head talk, who said discipline=care, boring ice-breakers, or should I say ice-breaker, since we only played one game? The only exciting thing? When aeroplanes fly past the building. I counted five I think. I didn't know the airport was so near, 'cause the aeroplanes were very noisy. At least it ended at 1p.m., and we were all somehow exhausted by then. Hmph. And the reason the principal said was that she didn't want us to go home tired, but happy. Oh, she also mentioned that she didn't want us to go home at one but to walk around the school and talk to the teachers or JC2s...whatever...like I have no one to 'walk around' with?

I didn't like have a partner 'cause we were sitting in two lines and somehow the girls end up at the front while the guys at the back. Every girl had a partner but me...why must they have an uneven number of girls?? So anyway, I sat with a guy, who didn't even make a conversation with me, so I just sat there quietly. What's more we were sitting for a whole half hour waiting and waiting, doing nothing at all. Sigh.

I did miss the rgs air-conditioned hall though. I'm not dependant on air-con, but it's still very sad...and noisy. Not because the JC2s were noisy but because the fans were. And I miss sitting at the front too 'cause since from sec 1 to 4 I have been sitting at the front...

There was also one cheer where they copied the raffles one. Ok, I think raffles copied too but still...the one which goes
north-south-east-west who's the best? R-A-F-F-L-E-S!
sounds nicer than
north-south-east-west who's the best? SRJC is the best!
right???

But the orientation shirt was nice. And we got a metal waterbottle too, plus a file and a towel and a pen which does NOT WORK! Sigh...

Ya, there was one rgs girl but she's not in my OG. She was from 404, which I vaguely remembered hearing many from there got above 20 points. Oh well.

That's it for my 1st day. Thrilling, huh?

xx

"It's not that I wish any harm to the guy, I'm just saying I could happily sit by while someone knocks his head off."

No comments:

Post a Comment