Saturday, January 10, 2004

I'm assistant civics tutor rep, aka vice-chairperson of class, 'cause not many volunteered. I was so nervous when I was supposed to give that 30 second speech.

Why in the world did I just receive a hyper magazine from Ngee Ann Poly?

Oh well. Saturday gone...at least 3/4 of it...I don't know why I keep counting down like that.

Maybe 'cause my birthday is in 30 days time? Seriously, am I suffering from Asperger's Syndrome? I'm way overexcited about my birthday, and I have no idea why.

I'm kinda in a group of friends now, which Serene called G4. They are Serene, Danying and Yue Lian. Nice friends.

I like Serangoon JC a lot. I mean, it rocks! Firstly, the teachers are very caring and most of their speeches keep me awake in the hall...except for the principal's talk. And she knows her voice makes us go to sleep so she usually keep her talks short. Secondly, the students that come in are from a variety of schools, so the parade square is very colourful in the morning, and I doubt RJ and VJ is the same. Meridian aint very popular either. I heard the people there are unfriendly, and when my friend tried to appeal in, the teacher was like, "Did you know MJ's standard has risen up to 16 points?" I heard their principal is biased too. Although SRJC kinda accept the extras like us ('cause all those in my class had 20 points for L1R5), it's not that bad. I really feel like staying here. What's more we are now going through a little of the Sec 4 syllabus, so if I move to another school, it would be hard for me to catch up. I'm actually planning to move to Tampiness, but I have no idea how it's like there and I don't want to regret when I do move.

Why am I talking about this? There's still two more months to go.

I hate it when my mum sighs in front of me. I really didn't do anything. I mean, I didn't scream or shout at her, which is not easy. Whenever I feel like screaming, I'll lock myself in my room. So why must she sigh like that?

I wish I'm not so gloomy. I kinda get gloomy whenever I reach home...maybe because of my family? Though I'm not sure why. I like school. For now lah. Before the load of homework and the projects start. Friends are great. They make my day. And I can't wait to go over and watch Princess Diaries! I've got to go to my grandma's place now (father's side). We seldom go over there. I don't want to go there. But I have to. So I might as well make the best of it...though I better quickly eat dinner now so my mum won't shout again...actually she don't shout. She just speak in that demanding voice making me feel like a bad bad girl. Or maybe I'm just too sensitive.

xx

"One out of every four Americans is suffering from some mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

Issit true? It's a joke, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment