Thursday, May 07, 2009

I chatted with my Atheist friend, who had set up a blog to raise awareness & make people really think about their religion, & what other reasons I'm not sure of...but, somehow I think it won't work...people with faith will have answers to all that person's questions...answers that Atheists refuse to accept...I was shocked when they say that science & religion does not go together...hah...

Then I also realised, Atheists put all their energy & effort into finding so-called proves that God does not exist, like reading books titled Why I am not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq instead of reading books like God & Man: Questions & Answers by F S A Majeed. So when they go to the bookstore or library, which section will they go to? I for one, will go to many sections, including the section about Islam, & there I find many books that I enjoy reading.

But I can't blame them, really. Any person who truly believes in something will put all their energy & effort into that believe...But I wonder what's the point of raising awareness...I still don't think Atheists are rational or reasonable...I guess the meaning of being rational & reasonable differs from person to person.

But really, why do they think they are rational? Look at Greg Mortenson...he is definitely a rational person. After reading his book Three Cups of Tea, I am amazed & I really respect him. At least he understands that faith needs to exist & cannot be changed. The crimes in this world will not stop when everyone is an Atheist. It can only be improved through Proper education, & that's why I respect Greg Mortenson.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen to me if I were not born a Muslim...will I still be the same person I am now, always so calm when I face adversities...actually I haven't faced much adversities in my life lah, thank god...

Heh I know I have to stop being so philosophical, but I really can't help feeling sorry & pity for others...I do my best in life of course, & I know we shouldn't just talk the talk, but we must also walk the walk...but...walking the walk is not easy...that's why I respect people who can do it...ok sometimes I think too much.

Don't think, just do.

And I was reading jw's blog so now I'm watching the jap drama Smile but I don't know why I'm not crying or why I don't really feel for Vito...I think cos my mind is too worried about my exams...haha...but sigh the pain & suffering Vito had to go through...sad...

Song: Alhamdulillah (Praises & Thanks to God) by Dawud Wharnsby Ali



**********

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. God does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing & subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." ~ Quran 31:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment