Saturday, August 04, 2018

What is Hajj? It is the pilgrimage where we answer to the call from Allah, the original call of the Prophets. It will be almost like I am leaving this world and entering a different world, to meet my Creator, to renew my faith in Him, to have that sense of peace, and renew that sense of wonder at all the marvelous things that Allah has given me.

I decided to temporarily re-open my blog which nobody reads just to let out my thoughts, I have another blog that I update but that blog is not meant for religious thoughts, so here I am, back to my blog from my secondary school days. Those were the days.

I'm not sure how to feel actually. I know what I am supposed to feel. And I feel afraid. I feel grateful. That I was chosen by Him to go there. I feel afraid of what is going to happen. And yet I have to redha and accept everything that will happen, because He is the best of judges, and he knows best what I need.

What is redha? When I have done my best in everything that I can do, and I leave the rest to Him.

"Oh Allah, I am truly in great need of any good that You might send down to me." (Al-Qasas 28:24)

This is the prayer said by Prophet Moses a.s. when he escaped from the palace and Allah guided him to the desert.

Rabbi inni lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqir. "Master, whatever you have sent down my way. Whatever you already sent down, I was in desperate need of it." In other words this shade and that water in front of him, that's all he gets right now. He doesn't have a house, he doesn't have food, he doesn't have anything else; and yet he is looking at all of this and telling Allah, "Ya Allah, thank you so much for this; I desperately needed it." In other words, before asking Allah for more, he is concentrating on what Allah has already given him. Instead of thinking about what he doesn't have, he turns to Allah and says "Ya Allah, I really needed that, thanks! I really needed that; I was so desperate, I would have died without this help of yours."

Why doesn't he ask Allah? "Ya Allah, feed me, ya Allah give me more, ya Allah provide me a house, ya Allah fix my life up; I've got a problem". Why doesn't he ask for any of it? You see, in saying to Allah that whatever you have given me, I desperately needed it; he has actually asked Allah.

The believer recognizes that whatever Allah gives you, whatever food He puts on the table, whatever job you found, whatever business you are doing - not only is it good enough; you desperately needed it. You don't get to be fussy with Allah and tell him, "Ya Allah, I don't want this one." "I know You provided me with this rock or this tree to sit under but if You could provide me with some kind of bedding, it would be better." "I know You gave me this water over here but maybe some coconuts might help."

Whatever You have given me, is exactly what I needed and I desperately needed it. I desperately needed it. Ya Allah, whatever you have sent towards me is because I can't go and get it. You are bringing it to me. Subbahanallah. 

-from the book Revive your Heart by Nouman Ali Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment